Northwest Central IL Works (NCI Works), the local workforce board for Bureau, Carroll, Jo Daviess, LaSalle, Lee, Ogle, Putnam and Whiteside Counties wants you to come back home to work and play. In order to do so, we contacted local employers and asked them to let us post any jobs they might have that pay at least $15/hour or a salaried equivalent right here on our website. Now, keep in mind, $15/hour in North Central Illinois is like making more than $22/hour in Chicago or $29/hour in New York City.
These jobs include professional, technical, managerial, service-related, and probably even some jobs you never though you would ever see in your hometown.
In addition to the jobs that are currently open, there are many other career opportunities with jobs that are not currently open but do become available from time to time. Just to give you an idea of the variety of jobs that exist in our own backyard, we asked employers to allow us to share that information on our NPLH site.
Please note: These positions are not open at this time, but may become available from time to time.
What is there to do after work or on weekends? Well, how about .....
- Great parks: bike trails, hiking trails, eagle watching, camping, horseback riding
- Water sports: canoeing, water skiing, rafting
- Winter activities: cross-country skiing, snowmobiling
- Cultural events: art shows, wine festivals, fairs
- Concerts and theater groups
- Young Professional Organizations
- Excellent local restaurants and wineries
- Fitness Centers and health clubs
- Easy driving distance to major concerts, professional sporting event, museums, shopping, dining (1 - 1 1/2 hours to Chicago, Joliet, Quad Cities, Peoria, Bloomington, Rockford, Springfield, Champaign)
Sound good? Of course it does. So come and join us, because there is NO PLACE LIKE HOME!